Critical reflection

This reflection will cover what I have learned in this module these past three months. It will evaluate my module learning as well as my project learning journey.

Firstly, at the start of the module, I was uncertain as to what is critical thinking and critical reflection. Therefore, the main objective I set to achieve by the end of the module is "what is critical thinking and critical reflection" and "how can it be applied in the real world."

Subsequently, throughout this module, I learned that critical thinking is a valuable tool in setting a clear goal while evaluating the strengths and weaknesses of writing. From there, identify potential setbacks and improve from these setbacks. For instance, when coming up with a project idea, we had to first deduce which ideas are feasible and viable when implemented, then weigh the idea's strengths and weaknesses. Then, using critical thinking skills, I could develop a detailed idea/ summary of the specific task.

When it comes to critical reflection, it allows me to question whether the idea is viable and desirable by asking questions like 'so what?' or 'what now?'. Each idea needs to have an end goal, like what I want to achieve or how it benefits the stakeholders. Additionally, by giving or receiving feedback from others, I can further deepen and evaluate and improve the idea.

Effective communication is on similar bases to critical thinking skills and critical reflection. In addition, effective communication allows us to convey our ideas and thoughts clearly and persuasively to the audience to garner support.

After this module, I have accomplished my goals, and  I will apply critical thinking to my future writings and presentations to better analyze and evaluate information and arguments. Critical thinking allows me to develop a better logical thought process with detailed analysis. In addition, with the incorporation of critical reflection, I can examine my assumptions and biases and consider an alternative point of view.

Secondly, I will reflect on my presentation skills for my project learning. Before this module, my presentation skills were excellent. Therefore I di not set more time aside to practice as I was confident enough. However, during my first informal presentation, I was proven wrong. I received a lot of feedback regarding my composure and stance. However, with more presentation opportunities during this module, I realized a lot of planning and practicing is needed to produce an effective presentation. In other words, with more time set aside and effort put in, you put into preparing a presentation, the better you will be when presenting.  

Additionally, establishing a connection with the audience is another crucial component of presentation skills. How a person delivers a presentation is only one aspect of effective communication. The other element is engaging with the audience and forming relationships with them. To do so, have confident body language, tone, and speech, as well as be able to adjust accordingly to engage the audience.

Lastly, I learned that receiving constructive feedback from others can improve my presentation skills. At times it can be difficult to receive constructive critiques from others. However, it is beneficial to find out my presentation weakness and, in turn, develop and enhance it to make myself a better presenter.

In summary, critical thinking and reflection allows me to establish specific objectives. Exercising critical thinking and reflecting is necessary for successful writing. We can improve our odds of accomplishing the goal and realizing our potential by constantly practicing and developing these skills. Additionally, when presenting, the ability to commuicate a point across during a presentation is crucial, which can be developed with time, practice, planning, and feedback. By improving my presentation skills, I will become a more effective presenter, which will be helpful in the work industry since the work industry consists of various project presentations and pitches to bosses and clients.

Comments

  1. Thank you, Eunice, for reflecting on the module and the project.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts